Writing about career is never easy. It is for this reason that we take brainstorming sessions seriously (although we don't undergo such brain exercises anymore due to a very busy schedule). To write "effectively" for a specific set of audience is to catch the interest of these people. Which means, it won't be proper to just go for whichever topic comes to mind -- everything around this blog is supposed to be communal.
Okay, we're ranting. We can't help it -- ranting is the best way there is to start a post about announcements. Ranting sets a conversational mood and well, it's what we want. Anyway, we have lots of things to announce, so we'll end the useless rambling now and start with the important stuff. Are you ready?
You probably know this already, but we haven't formally announced our Inspiring Working Mothers contest here. So have you already nominated your mom or someone that you know that is deserving for the title? Participating is easy:
1) Nominate someone.
2) Once your entry is up, it’s time to rally for friends and family to vote for your candidate at before 9 May, 17 00hrs.
3) Nominees at “Hall of Fame” with the most number of votes and comments qualifies for JobsDB.com 100 Inspiring Working Mothers!
3D2N Bangkok trip for 2 worth $500, 2D1N Cameron Highland trip for 2 worth $300, 2D1N Malacca trip for 2 worth $200, and other great prizes are at stake. More info can be read at http://engage.sg.jobsdb.com/SG/mothers-day/how-to-win/. We'll be waiting for your entries!
As for other announcements...
JobsDB Campus is still looking for freelance writers! We are expanding our base of freelance writers and if you meet the following requirements, we want you!
* Good command of English language
* Able to appreciate the finer points of discussion
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet schedules
* Be able to provide writing samples
* To work with the Editor to develop editorial line-up.
* Good story ideas, the ability to express yourself well in words, and an interest in campus activities
* To support the company ‘s campus portal, addressing the editorial needs of the web
* To handle copy writing, feature writing and event coverage
* To do research, sniff out and collate news on campus
* To work on cover events and conduct interviews on the ground
We are looking forward to meet writers who are able articulating pieces in their campuses.
Interested writers please send your CV with a recent photograph attached and a sample piece of writing to us – firstname.lastname@example.org!
Find other job openings from JobsDB at http://sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Search/FindJobs?Key=jobs%20db&SearchFields=Companies&JobCat=0&KeyOpt=COMPLEX&JSRV=1&RLRSF=1. More career opportunities? Simply browse http://sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Search/NewAdvanceSearch.
For those looking to improve skills this week, here's the latest list of career seminars from LearningDB.com:
And to reiterate one of our tweets... The latest from Career Events is one that you shouldn't miss if you're aiming to improve your networking skills.
Participants of Network for Success will learn how go beyond just initiating a simple conversation. Effective networking is all about building strong social and professional relationships. And who knows? Your next conversation might just help bring you higher to the next level in your career! Sign up at http://sg.jobsdb.com/StaticContent/SG/CareerEvents/events/network-for-success.htm.
Singapore's finest resource for jobs
JobsDB.com Singapore is committed to helping every job seeker land a good job. Currently looking for a job? Browse our jobs database and see if anything is of interest to you. It doesn't matter what industry you're in -- our jobs portal caters to every industry there is in Singapore, from Accounting Jobs and Banking Jobs in Singapore to IT Jobs and Singapore Hospitality Jobs. Let us lead your way to rewarding jobs in Singapore, jump start you career with us.
For career tips, we recommend Career Advice. From job hunting tips to career development guidelines, get advice from experts @ sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Resources/JobSeekerIndex.
Click! Click! Click!