When it comes to job interviewing topics, it can be considered that job interview questions are as important as wardrobe, listening skills and body language. Hiring companies -- most of them -- use template questions so as to make the whole process shorter. Therefore, to be a smart applicant is to study these frequently asked questions and prepare answers.
These questions can be found all over the internet, but it pays to note only those listed by trusted career websites like sg.jobsdb.com. Career Advice has many career resources about this topic; because we're all for your convenience, we're listing all of them down today. Are you ready?
Great Answers to Tough Interview Questions
Author: Shelley Tilson
This contribution of Shelley Tilson from Robert Walters is one of the best references about interview questions at http://sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Resources/JobSeekerIndex. Is this the first time you heard about it? If you've been following our blog posts since the beginning, something must be wrong. It's THAT good of a reference.
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should I hire you?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- Tell me about yourself?
- Where do you want to be in five years time?
The Ten Toughest Questions You Will Face In A Job Interview
Author: Dr. Denis L. Cauvier
Tilson focused on discussing the simple questions. This article by Dr Cauvier, on the other hand, would help you deal with the difficult aspect of job interviewing.
- Why are you applying for THIS position in THIS company?
- Why do you want to leave your present job? What are your impressions of your last company?
- What do you expect out of this job?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Where do you think you can make the biggest contribution to this organization?
- How do you take criticism? From your boss? From your peers?
- How do you respond to pressure?
- Where do you think you can improve on, in terms of skills or character traits?
- What can you do for us that someone else can't?
- Why should I hire you?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Author: Kelly Services
Most of the questions in this article have already been discussed by Tilson and Dr. Cauvier. But you can get more help in the forms of possible answers to situational questions.
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What can you offer our company? OR Why do you want to join our company?
- One of our biggest problems is... What has been your experience with this? How would you deal with it?
- How has your technical ability been important in accomplishing results?
- How would you handle a situation with tight deadlines, low employee morale and inadequate resources?
- Are you satisfied with your career to date? What would you change if you could?
Other related articles:
We wish you luck! Ace that interview!
Singapore's finest resource for jobs
JobsDB.com Singapore is committed to helping every job seeker land a good job. Currently looking for a job? Browse our jobs database and see if anything is of interest to you. It doesn't matter what industry you're in -- our jobs portal caters to every industry there is in Singapore, from Accounting Jobs and Banking Jobs in Singapore to IT Jobs and Singapore Hospitality Jobs. Let us lead your way to rewarding jobs in Singapore, jump start you career with us.
For career tips, we recommend Career Advice. From job hunting tips to career development guidelines, get advice from experts @ sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Resources/JobSeekerIndex.
Click! Click! Click!