Not getting enough sleep is bad, but oversleeping, we've realized a hard way, is worse. It's true what they say... sleeping too much will make you feel puffy the next morning.
But here's the thing, what's set for today is a favourite. We feel weird, but we won't slack off. Our pride's getting in the way. This can be considered a follow-up to yesterday's discussion on career changing. Have you answered "yes" to all the entries in the checklist? Do you already have a resignation schedule in mind?
Please continue reading. We're not going to discourage you or anything. Before a serious misunderstanding rears its head, let us make it clear that what we're set to talk about today does not have anything to do with negativity. How can one make the most out of his one-month notice period? What should one do while serving this period? Here are five suggestions from us:
- Do your tasks like the usual. Or better yet, boost up. Especially if you've worked there for many years, this is a great way to show your gratuity to the company.
- Update your network. In today's work world, networking is a useful tool in career building. That girl you used to seat beside with might be the one to point you to your dream job in the future. You never know.
- Have unused leaves? Use them to relax, specially if they're not convertible to cash. But we're not saying do not show up anymore during the notice period. Schedule strategically. Remember, we still want you to work like the usual.
- Review your references. Even if you already have a job waiting for you. It will help in your future career plans.
- During your free time (your boss may give you less work during this time), surf the net for industry news, training courses and discussions with career experts. No games! Spend it wisely. Keeping up with the latest goings on and updating your skills are a must; you may not find the time to do so in your new career (don't think of this as a threat, though).
More tips? We think these articles at sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Resources/JobSeekerIndex can give you insights too:
Managing your career Chapter 1 (comes in multiple chapters)Singapore jobs! Or is it supposed to be Ed. 7? Heck, it doesn't matter. Just promise us you'll be here tomorrow.
Singapore's finest resource for jobs
JobsDB.com Singapore is committed to helping every job seeker land a good job. Currently looking for a job? Browse our jobs database and see if anything is of interest to you. It doesn't matter what industry you're in -- our jobs portal caters to every industry there is in Singapore, from Accounting Jobs and Banking Jobs in Singapore to IT Jobs and Singapore Hospitality Jobs. Let us lead your way to rewarding jobs in Singapore, jump start you career with us.
For career tips, we recommend Career Advice. From job hunting tips to career development guidelines, get advice from experts @ sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Resources/JobSeekerIndex.